Peeling Back the Petals

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Restaurant Reviews - IHOP

The Mark:  International House of Pancakes        Location:  Fort Oglethorpe, GA

IHOP is known for two things - good coffee and great pancakes.  My husband and I passed by the IHOP and saw it was unusually not-crowded (its usually packed), so we stopped in for dinner.  We walked in and it looks to be a newer restaurant, very clean with beautiful kitchen art all over the walls - I mean gorgeous stuff that I would hang in my own kitchen!  The environment was very inviting.  We've been to several IHOP's but this was was by far the nicest as far as atmosphere.  Our waitress was wonderful!  We received probably the best service we had ever received at any IHOP, from her. If you stop in this particular IHOP, ask for Jennifer (not me -- that was our great waitress's name)! She's professional, attentive, friendly, and will do anything she can to make sure you have a good experience while dining with her.

We ordered an appetizer and then both ordered breakfast for dinner (always a plus to have options).  I substituted my pancakes for the seasonal "pumpkin" pancakes, which weren't as sweet as I expected them to be on their own but were just sweet enough by the time you added the syrup. I also tried the cheesecake pancakes and I didn't care for them as much as the pumpkin.  I've always been one that loves the sweet and savory together -- like honey-roasted cashews or honey-roasted peanuts, ketchup on french fries, ketchup on hashbrowns, or ketchup in my pinto beans. I've never cared for mayo - always preferred ketchup.  I know you noticed the pattern.  I also love bacon and pancake syrup --  I threw a monkey wrench in there; you probably thought I was going to say ketchup with my bacon didn't you?  Anyway - the food was great and the service was wonderful.  The coffee was fresh and hot and my husband really seemed to enjoy it. 

Might I add that IHOP's are open 24 hrs a day, including holidays!  As most of the industries in the economy have been hit, the restaurant industries are no different.  They too, have been affected by the loss in business that has left this country a little poorer than we'd like to be -- okay a LOT poorer than we'd like to be.  But I always stick by one rule of thumb -- If you can afford to go out to eat, great!  Enjoy yourself! Always remember to try to be generous with the person who's serving you; if you can't afford to tip, then you have no business going out to dinner. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment